Maternity Augusta Photography is a lifestyle and portrait photography studio that strives to bring out the individual and inner beauty of a pregnant woman. Mums-to-be who choose to have a pregnancy portrait session seem to be at ease with their bodies and positively embrace their pregnancy. It's great to see a look of love, anticipation and hope beaming from their faces as they cuddle their bumps and to capture these genuine moments and emotions which produce irreplaceable keepsakes. Pregnancy photography sessions are relaxed, friendly and feel more like catching up with your best friend kind of affair with lots of creative photography thrown in between. Maternity Augusta's sessions are welcoming and friendly and with funky, relaxing music playing in the background, they have found a way of making the mums and dads-to-be forget that they are in front of a camera and feel as if they are relaxing. White drapes are also very popular especially as most pregnant ladies have quite a limited wardrobe. The maternity photography sessions last around an hour and a half to two hours which allows plenty of time to take an array of stylish and contemporary posses. Maternity Augusta Photography is an affiliate of Classic Impression's photography studio in Augusta, Georgia.
We're often asked...
What should I wear?
▪ Wear anything you feel comfortable in and LOVE. Avoid patterns, stripes and plaids unless you love they are a true representation of you personality.
▪ I like solid colors: white, black, brown, gray. Avoid bright pink and yellow - they never look great.
▪ Pants - jeans (any color), black pants (yoga pants work well)
▪ Necklines - select v-necks, squarenecks, turtlenecks or deep scoop necks. Women should avoid crewnecks.
▪ Sleeves - Long-sleeved tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps work well. Women should avoid t-shirt length sleeves unless you have beautiful, sculpted or very thin upper arms.
▪ Fabrics - look for clingy, not necessarily tight, fabrics with a little stretch.
▪ Shirts - big, white, button-down rumpled man's shirt. Any shirt or cardigan that opens down the front works well.
▪ Tanks - anything clingy, fitted or stretchy in solid colors (white, black, red, blue...) !
>What should my husband wear?
▪ Men should bring jeans or khaki pants or any other dark bottoms
▪ I encourage rumpled (not starched), plain white shirts
▪ Throw a regular, WHITE and/or BLACK crew-neck t-shirt in the bag, too.
▪ Bring solid, dark colors like black, dark brown, navy blue and charcoal gray tops and bottoms. Layers are great; wear the t-shirt under a crew- or v-neck sweater or jacket.
What should I bring to my photo shoot
▪ Bring large or small props that have meaning. Bring stuffed animals, building blocks, flowers...
▪ Unusual items: saris, native fabrics, wedding veils
An unforgettable maternity or infant photography experience
What beauty preparation should I consider?
▪ Get a manicure and a pedicure a day or two in advance
▪ Wear makeup! If you don't choose a package that includes makeup, you'll get the best results if you visit a makeup center prior to your shoot. Call to talk about these options.
▪ Don't wear anything binding to the shoot - you don't want marks on your skin.
What should I do about my hair and make-up?
We have great relationships with local hair and make-up artists who specialize in preparing our clients for their maternity photography experience. This service is available at an additional fee, but you're more than welcome to style your own hair and do your own make-up, if you prefer.
Can you shoot in a particular style for me?
Each shoot is adapted according to our clients’ wishes, but we always retain the distinctive Art of Maternity Augusta style.
What happens after my photo session?
Your images will be uploaded to a secure gallery usually within 1 to 2 week of your session for you to choose the photo you want to be framed.
If I purchase the CD, what do I get?
Your CD will contain all of images including the best selected images in full-size, High-Resolution .jpg format which are suitable for printing. You will have already seen the lo-resolution versions in the web gallery.
I live outside of Augusta?
If your outside the 50 mile radius then additional travel expenses maybe added. Please include your location on your initial email
Parking availability / Congestion Charges?
If free parking at your home is not available or you are within the congestion charging zone these costs will be added to the balance. If parking meters need to be use please advise at time of booking so costs can be calculated.
How do I pay?
Cash or creditcard on the day of the session. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
What if my child is sick and I need to reschedule the photo session?
Your shoot will be able to be rescheduled. Please call or email with any questions or concerns that arise between the time of booking and your session.
Can I get the photographs printed, mounted & framed?
We can offer framing photos of additional photos. These are priced and dealt with on an individual basis.
Can I buy a gift certificate for a friend or colleague?
Yes you can. Maybe your friend or colleague is going on maternity leave, a newborn photo session could be an ideal leaving present. A unique gift for a birthday or other special occasion. Just email in your requirements and we will be in touch.
All images taken on the day on and those appearing on this site are the copyright of Classic Impression Photography. Their sale is restricted to private use and they may not be printed from the screen, copied, distributed, published or used for any commercial purpose without the written consent of Classic Impression Photography.